Theological Action Research Training 2023-2024
Aimed at doctoral students and researchers, the training is designed to equip you with the knowledge and skills to embark on your own theological action research project. The training will be interactive and conversational and take place over Zoom. The timings are chosen to enable participation in Asia and Australia and New Zealand.
The training is run by Dr Helen Cameron, Research Associate of the Centre for Baptist Studies at Regent’s Park College, Oxford and Dr James Butler, postdoctoral researcher at the University of Roehampton and MA lecturer at the Church Mission Society, Oxford.
The training runs three times per year and the timings of each training differ to allow participation from around the world. The pattern of the training is below and dates are displayed at the bottom of the page:
- The September training runs from 9.30am to 3.30pm (UK time) allowing easy participation in the UK and Europe.
- The January training runs from 2.15pm to 8.30pm (UK time) meaning it works in the UK and Europe and makes it accessible in the Americas.
- The April training runs over two days from 9am-12midday (UK time) remaining accessible in the UK and Europe, but also becoming accessible to countries to the east of the UK including Africa, Asia, Australia and New Zealand.
You are welcome to join any of the training days no matter what time zone you are in.
Price: £35 doctoral students, £50 waged researchers. An early bird discount of £5 will be available.
Confirmed dates for upcoming training
- Monday, 30th October 2023 (9.30am-3.30pm). Booking now available here.
- Wednesday, 17th January 2024 (14.15pm-20.30pm)
- April 2024 – date and time TBC
(All times given are UK time)
More information about this training can be found here: https://theologyandactionresearch.net/events/theological-action-research-training/